Space maintainers help protect a child’s smile after losing a tooth. Usually, the dentist will recommend space maintainers after removing a primary tooth.A space maintainer is a custom-made appliance that is used to keep a space open in the mouth. This allows the permanent tooth to erupt and fall into place. Maintainers can consist of…
7 Popular Orthodontist Treatments
If your teeth are not as straight as you would like them to be, or if you are experiencing any problems with your jaw or bite when eating, then seeking professional dental treatment to correct these issues is highly recommended.
When your teeth are crooked, even just a little bit, it makes it more difficult for you to take care of your teeth and gums. When you are not able to reach, and therefore clean, certain areas of your mouth, you will eventually begin to experience plaque buildup, which leads to cavities.
7 popular orthodontist treatments
The following is a list of seven of the more popular orthodontist treatments available today that can help dental patients get back on track to their good oral health.
- Invisalign. This tooth-straightening option uses removable trays to gently move the teeth back into their correct positions. This option is popular amongst adults who would like to be a little bit more discreet when it comes to straightening their teeth
- Traditional braces. Also known as metal braces, this orthodontic treatment option uses brackets and wires that are attached to the teeth to gently shift them back into their correct positions
- Ceramic braces. Ceramic braces work like traditional braces except that the brackets are clear instead of metal, making them less noticeable
- Lingual braces. Lingual braces are traditional braces that are attached to the back of the teeth
- Removable retainers. A retainer is an orthodontic appliance that is often used to keep a dental patient's teeth in their correct position once they have been straightened out
- Palatal expander. This removable orthodontic appliance is used for dental patients who need their upper jaw widened in order to correct their bad bite
- Damon system. Similar to traditional braces, except a wire is used instead of rubber bands
More questions on orthodontist treatments?
When your teeth are as straight as they are supposed to be, it is much easier to take care of your teeth and gums. And because your teeth are meant to last you your entire lifetime, doing everything you can now to take care of them is highly suggested. Talk to one of our dental health professionals today.
Looking for an orthodontist near the 94577 area? Call San Leandro Braces at (510) 568-3322.
An orthodontic retainer is often required when you complete a tooth-straightening treatment. Using your retainer goes a long way when it comes to keeping newly-aligned teeth in their proper position. It is an effective way to ensure the results of an orthodontic treatment last a lifetime.A retainer can be fitted by a general dentist or…
Needing a little more information on what constitutes a serious orthodontic issue? Orthodontics focuses on treating patients who are experiencing irregularities in the teeth. When the teeth are not in their correct position it is only a matter of time before these irregularities begin to negatively affect their overall oral health. While some irregularities are…
If your teeth are not as straight as you would like them to be, or if you are experiencing any problems with your jaw or bite when eating, then seeking professional dental treatment to correct these issues is highly recommended.When your teeth are crooked, even just a little bit, it makes it more difficult for…